IT Infrastructure Administrator
Summit Companies, St Paul MN
April 2019 – February 2020
As the sole systems administrator I worked closely with the Helpdesk Supervisor, IT manager and CIO to bring uniformity stability and industry best practices to the VMWare driven Datacenter, Windows Server infrastructure, and end user computing across all sites nationally. This role brought me a great deal of diversity including;
- Traveling to new acquisitions to scope the project of merging or replacing systems, or making repairs to infrastructure, including leading an emergency recovery with a ransomware attack.
- Installing or overseeing datacenter hardware installations.
- Creating and maintaining new Windows Server 2012r2 Based infrastructure for Deployment, ERP and RDS Farm.
- Documenting and creating new security policies, packaging and deploying software to protect computers, users and company interests with Manage Engine, MDT, SCCM, AD, GPO, FSRM
- Developing standards for wireless networking including RADIUS Authentication, the Windows 7 decommission, File server data, migrations, backup (Datto and Carbonite) and Synology NAS’s for remote hub sites.
- Designing and documenting a Dev environment for testing and staging changes.
- Supporting the helpdesk with complex troubleshooting.
Senior IT Infrastructure Consultant
RSM LLP, Minneapolis MN
Febuary 2018 – March 2019
As a consultant I traveled to clients to assess their infrastructure and reported issues, document, advise best practices and improvements, implement change and work with a team of IT professionals to accomplish bigger projects. This too brought me some exciting opportunities to mentor, teach and travel. At RSM clients:
- I managed and made changes to Multiple VMWare based servers including Horizon view, zero clients, Azure, IaaS and Hyper-V
- Maintained all manner of Windows Servers, Exchange Servers and Office 365
- Verified, setup and recovered from services such as Veeam, NetBackup, CrashPlan Pro, and Azure Backup.
- Reviewed and replaced hardware such as Dell and HP servers, NAS’s and battery and monitoring appliances.
- Wrote process and design documentation.
Principle IT Specialist
Hennepin County Government, Minneapolis MN
Febuary 2016 – Febuary 2018
At my home office, I documented and developed system standards, maintained and rolled out patches and supported approximately 20 Windows 2012r2 and 2008r2 Servers and their developers for a custom applications that used IIS, ADFS and Web Application Proxy.
Microsoft, US Bank, Hartland America, Taylor Truck Lines, KMS Air Duct cleaning, South Cedar Greenhouses, Blackwoods Concrete – All in Minnesota.
September 2014 – February 2018
Supporting Exchange 365, Medium size business IT Departments, Managing Windows Dev Servers, Setting up infrastructure from scratch, Supplementary System Administrator, Infrastructure planning and data recovery.
Provided service and support to SME’s and their infrastructure. Specifically, Windows Servers, Domain Control, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, Firewalls, Access points, Gateways, Enterprise Management software. Particular focus was on Various versions of Microsoft Remote Desktop Servers(RDS/Terminal servers), Outlook and exchange 2007 through 365, with configurations and migrations.
Jostens Inc, Owatonna MN
May 2013 – July 2014
Second line support for Datacenter, Call Center, Offices and Warehouse. Migrated users, procurement of computers, managed AD, Windows Servers, Backup System, thin clients and thin applications, VMware VDI, XenDesktop, XenServer and Digital media displays.